DID YOU KNOW?
- Every year 1 in 5 people suffer from mental illness or disease
- Every year approximately 14% of the population in North America will be affected, many mental illnesses first appear in children with 20% of this population being teens
- We need to understand, although, an injury may not be physical this is an illness/disease, there are more that 200 types of mental illness worldwide
(References – Canadian Mental Health Association, World Health Organization, SAMHSA)
WHAT WE CAN ALL DO
We can support each other in dealing with workplace challenges; work life balance and stressors that affect our ability to be safe and on task.
- Recognize OR change attitudes about mental illness and the prevailing stigma that mental illnesses AREN’T real illnesses
- We can communicate openly and acknowledge mental illness in our workplace
Let's talk. Today and everyday.