GCRS Selected as Preferred Proponent to Design, Build and Finance the Davenport Diamond Project
Graham Commuter Rail Solutions (GCRS) – made up of Graham Capital Partners LP, Gracorp Capital Ltd. and Graham Construction and Engineering LP – is proud to announce that we are the preferred proponent to design, build and finance the Davenport Diamond Rail Grade Separation Project, part of Metrolinx's GO Rail Expansion program. GCRS design team members include LEA Consulting Ltd., exp Services Inc., International Bridge Technologies and Brown & Storey Architects Inc.
“Graham has successfully completed several rail projects similar to the Davenport Diamond project over the last seven years, including the Denver North Metro commuter rail line in Colorado and the Evergreen Skytrain project in the lower mainland of British Columbia,” says Ian Dickinson, Graham’s Executive Vice President, Infrastructure. “These projects each included over one kilometre of elevated guideway, so we’re excited to be able to bring this expertise to the Davenport Diamond and to partner with Metrolinx to deliver this critical component of the GO Rail Expansion program.”
The scope of work for the project includes;
- Construction of a rail grade separation structure between north-south GO Barrie Rail corridor and east-west CP Rail corridor;
- Erection of retaining walls forming the approaches of the grade separation structure topped with noise reduction walls to minimize impacts on the community;
- Construction of a temporary diversion track to enable construction of a new two-track elevated guideway;
- Modification of an existing at-grade crossing at Wallace Avenue to become a road under rail grade separation;
- Replacement of Bloor Street West Bridge; and
- Construction in an active rail corridor with limited access points and staging and coordination with the Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion Grading project.
Financial close is expected in the summer of 2019, with construction to begin shortly thereafter.